Overview: Hip Replacement Surgery
Our bones and joints undergo a lot of pressure all the time while we perform our routine tasks with ease. Aging is the obvious reason due to which our joints suffer a lot of wear and tear. But apart of aging, there are many other reasons or joint ailments, which damage these crucial joints badly. More specifically, the hip joint, which is the body’s largest ball and socket joint, helps the human body for smooth movement. But despite being so durable, there comes a point when this joint gives up owing to over usage.
The Primary Causes behind damage caused to hip joint can be:
- Injury or Hip fractures
- Muscle or tendon strain
- Hip Labral Tear
- Avascular Necrosis
India is a very sought after for availing the treatment and for getting rid of hip-related disorders. Affordable cost for Hip Replacement surgery in India is a very popular and regularly performed procedure with extremely soaring success rate up to 80% to 90%.
Who are the best candidates for Hip Replacement Surgery?
If you are facing the following symptoms then you might be having a severely damaged hip:
- Persistent pain in the hip or groin areas
- Stiffness in these areas
- If you are not able to walk even short distances, then you need a visit to a joint expert
- Even with support, if you are not able to stand without any pain and discomfort
- Not able to bend and walk the stairs
- Haven’t received any relief from any non-surgical methods
What are the Top Hip Surgery Replacement Procedures?
If you are facing very severe hip pain and stiffness that troubles you even at a time when you are resting, this should be given immediate medical attention as this might be a situation when you may be suggested a Hip Replacement surgery. This surgery is a very effective one and will undeniably be helpful.
Total Hip Replacement surgery: this is a more traditional approach where a big incision is made on the side area of the hip, which totally dislocated the hip. Then the affected femoral head is taken out and replaced by a metal stem after which a ceramic or metal ball is positioned on the upper section of the stem. The damaged cartilage of the socket is replaced by a metal socket and screws or cement is used to hold this together.
Minimally Invasive Hip Surgery: the procedure is similar to the above one but there is a much lesser amount of tissue that is cut around the hip region. Specially customized surgical tools and instruments are used in this. This can be performed using two types of approach:
- Single-incision or Two-incision approach
A minimally invasive approach is not suitable for those who are overweight and have already gone through a hip replacement procedure earlier. Also, people who have health conditions that might slow down the recovery process are not considered for this procedure.
How much does it Cost for Hip Replacement Surgery in India?
|Type of Hip Replacement Surgery||USA||UK||India||Thailand||Singapore|
|Total Hip Replacement Surgery||$40,000||$35,000||$6,000||$7,500||$9,000|
|Partial Hip Replacement Surgery||$32,000||$26,000||$6,900||$9,300||$10,500|
|Hip Resurfacing Surgery||$20,000||$16,000||$7,000||$8,500||$10,000|
|Minimal Invasive Hip Replacement Surgery||$45,000||$30,500||$8,200||$10,500||$12,500|
|Revision Hip Replacement Surgery||$42,000||$28,000||$8,250||$11,000||$13,000|
What are the Benefits of Hip Replacement Surgery in India?
- Long-lasting respite from the cumbersome pain
- Improved range of movement
- Minimally invasive so reduced damage to major muscles
- Low post-surgery pain
- Faster recovery
- Less blood loss
- The risk of Hip Dislocation is lowered
- This surgery helps you to return to the activities that you enjoy the most
Why India is known for the lowest cost for Hip Replacement Surgery?
The presence of a leading and well-established medical tourism service provider makes availing Cost for Hip Replacement Surgery India much easy and a very rewarding experience, owing to the services for like:
- A complimentary second consultation to help you be sure about your choice
- Best Orthopaedic doctors and surgeons attending to you
- Initial counseling did help you understand the treatment procedure
- Medical visa process, hotel stay, flight arrangements, etc. handled by us
- Extremely low-cost Hip Replacement surgery in India
- Languages interpretation services to prevent any communication issues
- Health-friendly food offered to the patients; even any special diet requirements are met
- Treatment process started at the earliest by avoiding any waiting period
- Services with which we can plan combine your medical tour with a wonderful vacation
- Follow-ups were done very delicately to make Hip Replacement surgery India totally successful
- Regular health and treatment-related updates shared with your family